6/29/20: Update on Guidelines for Return of High School Sponsored Team Sport
As we begin preparing for sporting activities to resume, we want to ensure the parents and community that the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, and community is the core of our focus as we navigate this complex and constantly evolving situation. The South Carolina High School League (SCHSL) has provided guidelines to follow and in order to move forward, returning to athletic activities will happen in phases.
In addition to the guidelines, below are several things implemented and carried out by York Preparatory Academy resuming workouts:
- All student-athletes must have an updated physical (Dated after April 1, 2020)
- Non-contact thermometers will be in place at each school/Temperatures will be checked daily
- Waiver forms must be signed by parents, players and coaches
- Sanitation equipment/supplies will be used to clean areas that may be used
- Each athlete will need their own water bottles/Water bottles will be provided if needed
- All student athletes, coaches, volunteers must provide & wear masks. Players will not have to wear masks while participating in a drills/exercises
- One way entry/exit will be identified for traffic flow in facilities used
Our staff and student-athletes should be prepared for a 'new normal' as we will be implementing changes as to how everyone accesses and uses the facilities. York Preparatory Academy plans to be extremely diligent in maintaining a healthy environment for our student-athletes, coaches and staff. In the coming days, we will execute procedures allowing our student-athletes to return based on their programs. Below are the initial dates for each program to begin, however start dates may vary based on head coaches discretion.
- July 6, 2020 - Fall sports programs begin
- July 13, 2020 - Winter and Spring sports programs begin
Due to the sensitive nature of this situation, we will take caution in abiding by ALL measures noted in the SCHSL guidelines.
Director of Athletics
2020 Athletic Documents and Information