In the event of inclement weather, please look to the following sources for information regarding possible York Prep delays, early releases, virtual learning days or closings.
They will be featured on the following:
- Schoology Notification
- Email Blast
- Automated call and text from school
- YPA Website (www.yorkprepsc.org)
- WSOC-TV - Channel 9
In the event Students/Staff cannot report to school due to inclement weather, York Prep will have a virtual learning day. Please note the following important information. In the event of an early release, virtual learning day or closing, all after-school activities including athletics will be canceled. In the event of a school morning delay, there will be no Patriot's Promise Morning Care and breakfast will not be served. In the event of an early release, there will be no After-School Patriot's Promise.
Procedures for Virtual Learning Day
- Students can access Schoology by typing in the following web address: https://yorkprep.schoology.com
- Students will login using their student email address and password they use at school on their Chromebooks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues logging in.
- Once logged in students will be able to access posted assignments in Schoology.
- Assignments can be completed at home during the inclement weather day.
- Students who don’t have internet access can return to school the day after the inclement weather day and receive assignments.
- All assignments will be due within three days after students return from an inclement weather day.
Teachers will be available 9am-3pm through email or Schoology messages if students have questions during a Virtual Learning Day.