The Patriot Volunteer Organization is a group that meets once a month to organize and carry out school activities, create, advertise, and follow-up on opportunities for parents to volunteer in the school, and brainstorm ways to help make our students and programs more successful.
Upcoming Events & volunteer opportunities
- February 4, 9:00 am: Patriot Volunteer Organization Meeting, Student Union
- February 20, 9:00 am: York Preparatory Academy's Community Coffee Talk: The Connection Crisis- Fostering Authentic Connections in a Digital World. On February 20 at 9:00 am, Ms. Ashley Brown, York Prep Guidance Counselor will share information, tips and strategies to help your student develop authentic healthy connections with their family and peers and build resilience to tackle life's challenges. This community event is free and open to the public and coffee will be served. Event Link
- March 1-13: Dress & Accessory Drop-Off, Drop off your formal or semi-formal dresses, accessories and dress shoes to the Student Union front desk, volunteers will be needed for sorting and setting up for the event on March 14 and 15, please email Debra Blanchett for volunteer information
- March 4-12: Patriot Days Events, Fun Run and Color Run
- March 5: Patriot U: Math and Science Night, contact Michelle Jolley
- April 24, 6:30-8:30 pm: Elementary Family Dance, Semi-Formal Dance for K5-5th grade students and their families, tickets on sale March 2-April 3, volunteer signups to be released, please email Debra Blanchett for volunteer information
- April 25, 7:00-9:00 pm: 8th Grade Formal for York Prep 8th grade students, tickets on sale March 2- April 3, volunteer signups to be released, please email Debra Blanchett for volunteer information
- April 27-May 1: Teacher Appreciation Events, contact Michelle Jolley
- May 2: Junior/Senior Prom
Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe is our top priority! To help ensure safety, background screens for volunteers are necessary. Please complete the following Secure Volunteer Application. You will be notified by email when you have been approved. You will also receive a Secure Volunteer ID card to verify your background screen has been completed. Only parents that volunteer at the school need to complete this process.
Business partnership helps support the programs, events, and education at our school and helps our students achieve success. If you are interesting in finding out more information about your business partnering with York Prep for the 2019/20 school year, please contact Brooke Bruner.
Business Partnership Opportunities
1) Math & Science Night: York Preparatory Academy is looking for area businesses interested in sponsoring our spring Math & Science Night. Math & Science Night is a free event for K-12th grade families featuring interactive hands on experiments, activities and experiences to inspire curiosity in math and science. Event sponsors will have the opportunity to have an interactive table at the event as well as be featured on all promotions. Please contact Brooke Bruner to discuss partnership opportunities.
2) Fitness Wellness Center: York Preparatory Academy is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our new building on campus, York Prep plans to install a fitness wellness center for our employees to use before and after school. If your organization would be interested in investing in the health of our teachers and staff, please contact Brooke Bruner to discuss partnership opportunities.
Support your school with your Amazon purchases by registering for AmazonSmile. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from customers’ eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organizations they select. To register, please click York Prep's unique charity link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4641998. Thank you for your support!