- Thursday, October 17, 6:00 pm: Patriot U: Literacy Night
- Friday, October 25, 6:00 pm: Middle School Halloween Dance
- Thursday, October 24: Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day at Cherry Road- All App Orders Support School!
- Tuesday, November 5 from 9:00-10:00 am at the Student Union Room 129: Patriot Volunteer Organization Meeting. York Prep will be live streaming this event for those who are unable to attend.
- November 11, 8:00 am: Veterans Day Appreciation Event
- Elementary Volunteers: The following FORM serves as an opportunity to provide information and feedback on ways you’d like to volunteer at the Elementary School. Please note that depending on the interest and need, your assistance may or may not be with your child’s class.
- Box Top Coordinators: Help connect and organize box tops to help the school. Please contact Brooke Bruner if you are interested.
- Patriot U- Literacy Night: October 17, 6:00 pm. This is our first K-12 family learning night of the year. Come for games, food, information, and a great time for students of all ages. Daytime and evening volunteer opportunities available. Please contact Michelle Jolley if you are interested in volunteering for Literacy Night!
- Boo Grams: Boo grams are a lollipop gram that is ordered and delivered to the students/staff. Volunteers are needed to take orders at the Elementary and Student Union and to assemble and deliver the boo grams. Dates and times to be announced. Please contact Michelle Jolley if you are interested in helping with boo grams.
- Middle School Halloween Dance: October 25, 6:00 pm. Our Halloween Dance is an annual tradition for 5th-8th grade students. Volunteers are needed for decorating, set-up, chaperones, and cleanup. Please contact Debra Blanchett with questions! SIGNUP LINK
- Veterans Day Appreciation Event: November 11, 8:00 am. York Preparatory Academy hosts an annual event to honor our local Veterans through an appreciation event and meal. Volunteers are needed to donate food, decorate, set up, and clean up. Please contact Michelle Jolley if you are interested in volunteering for our Veterans Day Appreciation Event. A food signup genius will be posted.
- Freshman Job Shadowing Day: November 15 at YPA High School. Ninth grade students will be visiting workplaces to get an up-close look at what a "real job" is like. The students will see the connection between what they learn in the classroom, and what they need to do to achieve their goals. Job Shadowing experiences make a difference in students' lives by giving them a new vision for their future. The experiences that students obtain through job shadowing can provide inspiration that will change their lives forever. We need YOUR help! We need parent volunteers to host ninth grade YPA students in their workplace for job shadowing. If you would like to make a difference in a child's life, please contact Dr. Coogler at (803)-324-4400, ext. 5105, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patriot Volunteer Organization
Our Patriot Volunteer Organization consisting of teachers, administration, and all interested families whose goal it will be to:
1) Increase partnership between the school and parent community
2) Strengthen the sense of pride and school spirit
3) Support school programs and activities
This group will meet once a month and will organize and carry out school activities, create, advertise, and follow-up on opportunities for parents to volunteer in the school, and brainstorm ways to help make our students and programs more successful. Participation is flexible and there is no set time commitment or responsibilities so come and see what the excitement is about!
Complete the Patriot Volunteer Organization Interest Form to get connected!
Have a Question? Click HERE to submit an idea or concern for consideration that you will be unable to present in person at our next meeting.
Secure Volunteer Registration:
Secure Volunteer is an easy to use online system created to help organizations manage volunteer screening. Use the secure online system to request your background check with just a few steps. Once your background check is complete, we will review and notify you by email when you have been approved. You will also receive a Secure Volunteer ID card to verify your background screen has been completed. Secure Volunteer Link
Business Partnership Opportunities
If your business is interested in finding out more information about any of these opportunities or ways to partner with York Prep, please contact Brooke Bruner. 2019/20 Business Partnership Information
PUBLIX: Last quarter, Publix donated $43,527.56 to schools in South Carolina. For every $37,500 spent cumulatively by our school’s participants, Publix will award York Prep $250!
Sign up is easy!
1) Go to https://ww3.publix.com/myaccount/register to sign up
2) Click on your name in the top right corner
3) Click on "My Publix Partners" on the left
4) Select York Preparatory Academy as your local school
5) Then type in your phone number every time you shop at Publix and a percentage of your sales will support York Prep!
HARRIS TEETER: Do you want to support your school in one easy step? Link your Harris Teeter VIC card and York Prep will receive contributions throughout the year. Please click on the link below and encourage your family/friends to participate as well. Harris Teeter Vic Cards must be linked yearly. Thank you for your support! https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education