York Prep Announces New Campus Opening Fall 2022
York Preparatory Academy is excited to announce plans to open a new campus opening fall of 2022. The application for replication was approved by the South Carolina Public Charter School District on April 16, 2020. The new campus will enroll students in grades K-5, with the addition of grades 6-8 coming online in subsequent years.
Over the past 10 years, York Preparatory Academy has had the privilege to serve over 4,000 students from 8 counties in South Carolina. York Prep has received numerous awards for student outcomes including: National Blue Ribbon Award, Palmetto Gold Award, Palmetto Silver Award, School of Distinction, and Advanced Placement District Honor Roll. As York Prep looks to the future, we celebrate the opportunity to serve more students in South Carolina and welcome them to our York Prep family. Parents interested in receiving updates on the new campus should complete a Parent Interest Form.
New Campus Location
York Prep's new campus will be located 12 miles southeast of our main campus within a vibrant new community called Kettlesong. With its focus of connecting families to nature and the community, Kettlesong (https://kettlesong.com) is the ideal setting for our Place-based Education school.
What is Place-Based Education?
Place-based education is a complete education and has a proven track record of higher learning outcomes by immersing students in local landscapes, heritage and culture, thereby providing hands-on opportunities and experiences as a foundation for study. In short, it helps students understand their world and contribute in real and meaningful ways.
As the first of its kind in the state, the YPA campus at Kettlesong will draw students from Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and other York County communities as well as Chester and Lancaster counties and provide the opportunity to:
- Increase in time spent outdoors, thus improving student's mental, physical, and social well-being
- Practice hands-on learning across the curriculum in nature and the community
- Engage in a learning environment that will make them eager to come to school
- Understand and practice sustainability in both nature and the community
- Grow students environmental stewardship
- Participate in community civic matters fostering their understanding of civic responsibility
- Expand and satisfy curiosity, thus producing life- long learners
Parent Interest Form
Interested families should complete a Parent Interest Form to receive updates about the new campus. We are excited about the future at York Prep!
Parent Interest Form: https://forms.gle/DudYNKq7CEz5f4yR6