Below are links to free resources for students and families during this e-learning time.
Locations Serving Meals During Closure
York Preparatory Academy is committed to the health of our students. Please see the following LINK with information on locations serving meals during school closures. Please feel free to reach out to Food Service Director, Hally Adams with questions.
Resources from Guidance
Below you will find some links that will give some helpful hints for how to speak with your children about the Coronavirus and other activities. Stay safe and please reach out if we can offer an additional information, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Lessons: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/parenting/coronavirus-schools-lessons.html
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Coping-with-Stress-During-Infectious-Disease-Outbreaks/sma14-4885
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/children.html
- Handwashing and Hand Sanitizer Use at Home, at Play, and Out and About, https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/pdf/hand-sanitizer-factsheet.pdf
- NASP COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.nasponline.org/COVID-19
Related Arts Videos
- Art Videos: Spring Flower Origami with Ms. Bryant, Lego Self Portraits with Mrs. Price Frasier, National Scribble Day, Draw A Frog with Ms. Bryant, Pysanky Eggs with Ms. Bryant
- PE Videos: Fitness Challenge with Coach Rider, Indoor PE with Coach McGee, Fitness Challenge with Coach Rider, Strike Game with Coach McGee, Exercise Egg Hunt with Coach McGee
- Music Videos: Rhythm Composition with Ms. Bernard
- Reading Videos: Ms. Comer reading "Creepy Pair of Underwear", Ms. Comer reading "The Pigeon Wants a Puppy", Ms. Comer reading "I'm Not Just a Scribble", Ms. Comer reading "The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend"
- STEAM/Engineering: STEAM Challenge with Mr. Dantzler
- York County Library- Check out free e-books, audio books, or e-magazines. Listen to free music or watch free movies.
- Campustours.com- 1,700 virtual college & university campus tours
- Audible.com- offering free audible stories for kids of all ages.
- Professional Photographers of America- offering 1,100+ free online classes
- Ivy League schools such as Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Yale are offering FREE online courses in some of their most popular classes.
- Alive @ 25 is offering online virtual courses in driver's safety at the following link: https://www.scnsc.org/training/alive-at-25
- Free Exercise Videos:
Virtual Field Trips and activities
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) in New York City offering two interactive ways to tour.
MET Kid Interactive Map: https://www.metmuseum.org/a…/online-features/metkids/explore
MET 360 degree Project: https://www.metmuseum.org/a…/online-features/met-360-project
- San Diego Zoo live webcams at the following link: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta offering free live streamed shows https://puppet.org/center-for-puppetry-arts-home/
- Easter Island- visit the island through multiple online virtual tours https://www.airpano.com/360photo/Easter-Island/, PBS Virtual Tour: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/easter/, National Geographic: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/world-he...
- Nature Backyard Scavenger Hunt
- York County Locations Virtual Puzzles: puzzle your way through York County
- Book Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Harry Potter At Home, a campaign aimed at younger readers who might be meeting Harry for the first time. http://wizarding.world/HPAtHome
- Visit Disney through virtual rides