York Prep College Application Day is mid-September each year! On September 17, 2019, College Admissions Representatives helped York Prep students apply to any college they were interested in attending. Please contact Director of Counseling, Dr. Harrington with college application or scholarship questions.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opened October 1st! Students must complete the FAFSA every year to be eligible for the SC State Scholarships (Palmetto Fellows, Life and Hope) in addition to federal student aid such as federal grants, work-study, and loans. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
YPA will host a FAFSA Night on Thursday, November 14 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the High School for any student and parent who would like to complete their FAFSA with some help provided by York Technical College Financial Aid counselors.
- Start your scholarship search at the college/universities Financial Aid and Scholarship websites that your student plans to apply too. They will have specific college, departmental and major scholarships unique to each school and these are typically guaranteed every year as long as students maintain a 3.0 GPA. Here are a few links as examples:
- There are many websites that list thousands of scholarships available to students. Students can use the links below to search for scholarships they may be eligible for. These scholarships are typically one-year-only awards.
- Fall 2019 Scholarship Opportunities brochure that lists scholarships that our students have applied for in the past.
- South Carolina State Scholarships: The Life and Hope Scholarships do not have applications. Students will be notified by the institutions they attend if they are eligible.
- Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Information
- The Lyceum Scholars Program at Clemson University is a $10,000 scholarship for incoming freshmen to study the moral, political, and economic foundations of a free society. This program is an eight-course sequence that students take together as an intellectual cohort during their undergraduate careers. The Lyceum Scholars Program is open to any major and fulfills the requirements for a minor in Political Science. Applications are now open. Priority Deadline is December 11, 2019. For more information, visit our website or click here for a PDF of our flyer.
- 2019-2020 PSSCA Scholarship: Application is due by December 31, 2019. Winners will be selected and notified by April 15, 2020. The Palmetto State School Counselor Association awards three high school seniors a $1,000.00 non-renewable scholarship to assist with post-secondary education costs.Eligibility:
- Must be a high school senior attending a public or private secondary school in the state of South Carolina.
- Must be a permanent resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Must plan to attend a post-secondary institution during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Applicants must:
- Submit an application through this Google link: https://forms.gle/4uaezBFjqt71WVXx8
- Complete an essay of no more than 500 words about a school counselor who has made a difference in your academic, career, social, and/or emotional development. You may additionally include your career goals, post-secondary education plans, and an explanation for how the scholarship will help you.
- Include an official copy of high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- A copy of your admission letter or another form of verification of acceptance to college, university, technical school, or training center must be provided before receiving funds.
Criteria for selection:
- High school academic record
- Community service, and school activities
- Letter of recommendation (non-family member)
- Applicants must: