2020-21 Scholarship Support
Please contact Director of Counseling, Dr. Harrington with college application or scholarship questions.
- Fall 2020 Scholarship Opportunities: LIST
- Chamber of Commerce created a guide to college scholarships
- Start your scholarship search at the college/universities Financial Aid and Scholarship websites that your student plans to apply too. They will have specific college, departmental and major scholarships unique to each school and these are typically guaranteed every year as long as students maintain a 3.0 GPA. Here are a few links as examples:
- OCTOBER 1, 2020: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1st! Students must complete the FAFSA every year to be eligible for the SC State Scholarships (Palmetto Fellows, Life and Hope) in addition to federal student aid such as federal grants, work-study, and loans. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- South Carolina State Scholarships: The Life and Hope Scholarships do not have applications. Students will be notified by the institutions they attend if they are eligible.
- Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Information
- Florin|Roebig $5,000 College Scholarship Essay Contest: The law firm of Florin|Roebig knows how valuable higher education can be, not only in shaping society but in helping young people reach their long-term academic and professional goals. For this reason, we’re proud to announce a scholarship contest awarding $5,000.
- The Lyceum Scholars Program at Clemson University is a $10,000 scholarship for incoming freshmen to study the moral, political, and economic foundations of a free society. This program is an eight-course sequence that students take together as an intellectual cohort during their undergraduate careers. The Lyceum Scholars Program is open to any major and fulfills the requirements for a minor in Political Science. For more information, visit our website.
- Davidson has partnered with the Duke Endowment to offer a new Application Scholarship for students applying for admission to the Davidson Class of 2025. The James B. Duke Scholarship recognizes students whose academic achievement, diverse talents, work ethic, resilience, and concern for others give evidence of their capacity to make a difference in the world. Five new James B. Duke Scholars will be named in each entering class. The award is valued annually at full tuition + a $5000 special study stipend. Any Davidson applicant for admission is eligible to apply.
- Wofford Scholars is the largest merit-based scholarship program at Wofford. Scholarship awards are based on leadership, academic achievement and character. To qualify, students must:
- Be nominated by their high school counselor
- Rank in the top 10 percent of the class
- Have a combined score of 1300 on the SAT/PSAT or a 28 on the ACT/PLAN.
- Apply no later than the Early Action deadline (Nov. 15)
- Complete a Scholars Interview in November.
-We are accepting nominations until September 30.
- The GOLD (Growing Our Leadership through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Scholarship is awarded to students from historically underrepresented populations (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, or Multiracial) with the purpose of acknowledging these students who have exhibited strong academic achievement, leadership, and potential to contribute to the Wofford community and beyond. To be considered, students must:
- Apply for admission by the Early Action deadline (Nov. 15)
- Submit FAFSA
- Submit the GOLD Scholarship Application by January 4, 2021
- Voice of Democracy audio-essay program provides high school students with the unique opportunity to express themselves in regards to a democratic and patriotic-themed recorded essay. The national first place winner receives a $30,000 scholarship paid directly to the recipient’s American university, college or vocational/technical school. A complete list of other national scholarships range from $1,000-$16,000, and the first place winner from each VFW Department (state) wins a minimum scholarship of $1,000 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C. Students should read the rules and eligibility requirements, download the 2020-21 entry form application, and forward with their essay directly to Marianne Kramer, Scholarship Ambassador for the VFW Auxiliary for Rock Hill, at email@example.com. All student entries must be submitted by midnight, Oct. 31, 2020.
- The John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest is accepting submissions from high school students for this year’s contest. By submitting an original essay describing a leader who demonstrated political courage as described by President Kennedy in his book, Profiles in Courage, students can win one of 15 scholarship awards for college — including a $10,000 first-place prize. Deadline: January 15, 2021
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation believes that investing in students who are leaders, both academically and in service to others, will result in positive, lasting change and sustainable communities. Encourage your students to apply to be a Coca-Cola Scholar by October 31, 2020, at 5 p.m. ET, and receive a chance for one of 150 college scholarships worth $20,000 through the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation. For more details and a link to the application, visit Cokeurl.com/scholarships.
- The Horatio Alger Association welcomes eligible high school seniors to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarships, which range from $10,000 to $25,000. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for these awards. One application is all that's necessary to apply for state, national, and specialized programs. The application is open until October 25 and available at application.horatioalger.org.
- The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements. The 2021 Cooke College Scholarship Program application closes on October 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., in your local time zone. Applicants can add the Cooke College Scholarship Program Application to their Common App.