SCBDA - All-State/Region Band
Saturday, January 14th
Blythewood High School, 10901 Wilson Boulevard, Blythewood SC 29016
SCBDA - Concert Performance Assessment
Thursday, March 30th
Lugoff-Elgin High School
SCBDA - CPA - MARCH 30th - PERMISSION SLIP AND POLO SHIRT PURCHASING
Polo Shirt Payments
Payments can be made online.
If you are unable to pay using this method, please refer to the permission slip for alternative payment instructions
Concert Dress Attire
Up Coming Events
SPRING CONCERT8th Grade Band
Band Room Procedures
1. Students are to come to class prepared; bring necessary items for instruction and learning (sticks, pads, instrument, music, reeds, valve oil, etc.).
2. Students are asked to enter the Student Union using the double doors furthest away from the Middle School.
3. Students are asked to use the restroom and get water while entering the Student Union BEFORE class. Students will not be allowed to leave unless it is an emergency.
4. STUDENTS ARE TO ALWAYS ASSUME THAT WE WILL BE PLAYING EVERYDAY UNLESS TOLD OTHER WISE.
4. Students are given 4 minutes (6th Grade Brass/Percussion = 3 minutes) after the tardy bell to be in their seat with all their materials ready to start class.
5. Students are asked to take care of all classroom needs during those few minutes of preparation (reeds, oil valves, percussion set up equipment, ask for music, etc.).
6. Class begins with the "down beat" from the metronome. Students not in their seats with their instrument in playing position will receive points off of their daily participation grade. If a student is not prepared more than 3 times per week, the student will receive silent lunch.
7. If a student leaves their materials in the Middle School building, they will be required to return to the building and retrieve such items. However, the student WILL receive a tardy.
8. If a student does not have their instrument (reeds, sticks, pads) they are to immediately complete the written assignment given. (1. Select a magazine from the wall, 2. Select and article, 3. Write a brief summary on the paragraph). Students will be allowed to work on other work AFTER they complete this assignment.
9. For each day a student does not have his/her instrument in class, 10 points are removed from their Weekly Participation Grade (1 day = 90% Weekly Participation, 2 days = 80% Weekly Participation, etc.)
10. A student must present a note from their mother, school nurse, or doctor for him/her to be excused from playing day. If a note is present, the student will be excused for the day, but will still need to complete any written work.
11. Students are expected to participate, make a positive effort, and remain engaged in the learning process.
12. During playing tests, students will sit quietly and respect whomever is currently playing; to wait patiently for his/her turn. The students are encouraged to clap and cheer on ALL students who perform no matter their playing level or abilities.
13. At the conclusion of class, each section will be dismissed one-at-a-time to pack up their instruments and prepare to be dismissed. ALL INSTRUMENT WILL BE RETURNED TO THEIR PREVIOUS AREAS OF STORAGE. NO INSTRUMENT WILL BE LEFT ON THE FLOOR. NO INSTRUMENT CASE WILL BE LEFT UNLATCHED.
14. Students will be asked to scan their area to make sure no trash, music, papers or instruments are left out.
15. Students will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
16. Students are to exit the building through the double doors in which they came unless they have PE, Performing Arts or Spanish afterwards.
Symphonic Band Pics
You will NOT need your instrument on Monday, August 15th or Tuesday, August 16th
You WILL need your instrument on Wednesday, August 17th
New to Band?
- Unlike some schools, we allow students to start band in the 7th and 8th Grades with no prior experience.
- Some of our best performers started late in the 7th and 8th Grade.
- Hint: The easiest instruments to begin on are Clarinet, Saxophone and Trombone
- We will talk the first two days on what instrument you are interested in.
- There will be morning help/tutor sessions to help new band students get caught up.
- We will also pair new band students up with a student-mentor.
Limestone Honor Band Clinic
Limestone Band Clinic - November 2016
Congrats!!!!! Dustin Schuhlein
York County Honor Band Clinic
Sponsored by Carolina Crown and Winthrop University
Nations Ford High School - February 2017