A little about our standards
If you were curious what your child was learning this year, here is a link to a family friendly standards list. This will let you know everything we will be working on throughout the year. It will also help you know what we are expecting when we send work home. If you have any questions you are free to email at email@example.com, and I will get back to you. I am so excited about what our class has been doing so far and I know it will only get better.
Current Vocabulary words
Every Friday we have spirit wear day. Every child is able to participate even if they don't have any YPA apparel. If your child wants to participate all they have to do is either wear some YPA apparel from our spirit wear shop or wear our school colors (blue, silver, and white). If your child would like to order spirit wear you may do so by clicking on this link. Your child's shirt will be delivered at school and sent home with them .
- Friday, February 17th is a 2 hour early release day. School will let out at 12:35
- No school Monday, February 20th
- Tuesday, February 21st is a teacher workday and students will not come to school.
- Tuesday, February 14th will be our valentine's party at 1:30.
A little bit of fun
- This week we are reading "The snowy day" by Ezra Jack Keats. They have loved seeing and reading about snow and all the fun things they can do in it. They are really hoping to see some snow soon!
- We got to watch the Groundhog ceremony on TV and learned all about what happens if he sees his shadow and what happens if he does not.
- We got lots of new activities and manipulatives from school mall and donors choose. They have been very excited to use the things we received.
- We have been working on adding and graphing for the past couple of weeks. They have really enjoyed learning how to use snacks to add and graph!
Sight words we have done so far